Dr David Jankelson
BA MBChB DCH (SA) FCP (SA) FRACP TSANZ ASA FRACP APSS ERSVisit specialist website
Areas of Interest
- Asthma, Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), Lung cancer, Interstitial lung disease, Snoring, Sleep Apnoea, Narcolepsy, Insomnia, Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP), Obesity hypoventilation syndrome
St Vincent’s Private Hospital Sydney, NSW
Dr David Jankelson is a thoracic surgeon. He cares for patients with a number of different conditions.Sleep studies are one of the areas that Dr David Jankelson provides patient care for. Sleep studies are tests that record your bodies activity during sleep. They are helpful in identification of sleep disorders.
Polysomnography is a type of sleep study, it's the gold standard to rule out obstructive sleep apnea.
Sleep studies are conducted to help diagnose or rule out:
- Sleep-related breathing disorders, such as sleep apnea
- Sleep-related seizure disorders
- Sleep-related movement disorders, such as periodic limb movement disorder, which is repeated muscle twitching of the feet, legs, or arms during sleep. Sleep studies may be used to diagnose or rule out restless legs syndrome (RLS). However, RLS usually is diagnosed based on signs and symptoms, medical history, and a physical exam.
- Problems sleeping at night (insomnia) : caused by stress, depression, hunger, physical discomfort, or other problem
- Sleep disorders that cause extreme daytime tiredness, such as narcolepsy or circadian rhythm sleep disorders.
and many other sleep related health concerns.