Dr Joe Dusseldorp
MS (Plast.), M.B., B.S. (Hons.) (Syd.), B. Com, FRACS (Plast.)Visit specialist website
Languages: English, French
- Head & Neck
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Areas of Interest
- Breast Reconstruction
- Skin Cancer
- Ear Reconstruction
- Facial Palsy
- Nerve Reanimation
Mater Hospital, North Sydney, NSW
Dr Joe Dusseldorp is a collaborative surgeon who works alongside oncologists to perform innovative treatments for breast reconstruction (including the DIEP flap) and skin cancer reconstruction, especially complex facial skins cancers. He specialises in ear reconstruction of all types, and also treats a range of nerve conditions including facial palsy, diabetic feet and peripheral nerve disorders.Dr Dusseldorp offers his patients options that are not just up-to-date, but are at the leading edge of surgical practice. He has published a number of papers on the integration of biotechnology advances to improve reconstructive surgical outcomes, particularly the use of pre-op arterial mapping to ensure complete healthy survival of reconstructed breast tissue in breast reconstruction.
Joe has undertaken two years of international fellowship training. At Mass Eye and Ear, Mass General Hospital, and Harvard University, Boston, USA he focused on medical and surgical aspects of treating patients with facial nerve disorders, skin cancers and facial deformities including congenital and post-traumatic conditions.
In Paris, France he focused on the complete management of ear deformities, both congenital and acquired. He is working on leading edge advancements in ear surgery and performed Australia’s first custom 3D printed ear reconstruction for a child with microtia in 2019.
Affiliations & Memberships
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS) Member of the Academy of Surgical Educators, RACS Member of the NSW State Committee, RACS Member of the Section of Academic Surgery, RACS
- Member of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member of the American Association of Facial Plastic Reconstructive Surgeons
- Member of the International Society of Auricular Reconstruction
- Chris O’Brien Lifehouse
- Clinical Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sydney