Dr Mark Nallaratnam
MB, BCh, BSc, FRACP, FCSANZVisit specialist website
Areas of Interest
- Radial & femoral access
- Interventions including Rotablator™
- PFO/ASD closure
- Peripheral angiography
As an interventional cardiologist, Dr Mark Nallaratnam has a particular interest in diagnostic coronary and peripheral angiography, complex percutaneous coronary and peripheral interventions, vascular medicine and ASD/PFO closure.Dr Nallaratnam is an interventional cardiologist and vascular physician. He has a particular interest in diagnostic coronary angiography and complex coronary interventions. His other interests include vascular medicine and structural heart disease including ASD/PFO/PDA closure.
His research focus was microvascular perfusion defects following myocardial infarction. He has been the recipient of several prestigious research grants including the Boston Scientific Interventional Fellow grant and Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand Research Grant.
Dr Nallaratnam has a strong commitment to teaching both junior and senior medical staff having held a two-year appointment at Boston University as clinical tutor. He is co-author on several peer-reviewed papers and has co-authored several book chapters in the area of cardiology and vascular medicine.
Affiliations & Memberships
- Royal Australasian College of Physicians
- Associate member, The Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Associate member, The Society of Vascular Medicine,
- The American College of Cardiology
- The Society of Coronary Angiography and Interventions
- Conjoint Senior Clinical Lecturer, Macquarie University