Your online referral partner St Vincent's Priority
Patients and GPs have told us that booking appointments with Specialists is not always easy or convenient and the referral process is outdated. We’re fixing it.
With St Vincent’s Priority, appointments with our Specialists can be booked online, 24/7, GP referrals are sent electronically and GPs are notified as patient’s progress from booking through to consultation.
Growing your referrals through St Vincent’s Priority
Given the challenging private healthcare market, over the last year we have prioritised developing marketing initiatives to help build your practice and deliver an improved customer experience for patients and GPs.
As such, we have invested in technology that will streamline referrals by enabling online booking and will be launching the service, known as St Vincent’s Priority, in the coming months.
What is St Vincent's Priority?
Patients and GPs will have online access to appointment availability for participating Specialists through a dedicated St Vincent's Priority website.
Through this platform, patients and GPs will be able to search for and book an appointment with you online. Referral paperwork can be attached electronically with the booking and to the appointment in your Practice Management Software. Furthermore, GPs can be notified on the patient’s progress from booking through to consultation, helping them to remain part of the patient’s care journey.
Why join St Vincent’s Priority?
- Growth for your business: Early efforts with the “MySpecialist” program in Melbourne demonstrated that an easy and convenient referral service has the potential to grow demand for your services.
- More Choice: Patients and GPs have been asking for more choice around how, where and when they engage with us and want access to care, faster.
- Low Cost: We’re funding the set-up cost and the first six months of fees for Phase One participants. Beyond the initial 6 months, ongoing fees are only $82.50 (incl GST) per month for each participating Specialist.
- Free Marketing: We’re investing not only in the technology and set up, but in actively marketing the service to ensure you’re top of mind for GPs when they make care decisions. There’s a marketing plan and budget for GP roadshows, media coverage and digital media, to drive awareness about St Vincent's Priority.
- Less Administration for staff: St Vincent’s Priority gives you, your Practice Manager, and staff more time to focus on face to face patient care and less on booking administration.
How does St Vincent’s Priority work?
SVHA have partnered with MyHealth1st, an online booking technology provider to deliver St Vincent’s Priority.
MyHealth1st is an Australian owned and operated, ASX listed company (1stGroup), with its platforms supporting over 9,000 sites/practices across Australia and New Zealand and taking over 9 million appointments online since the company’s platform was launched in 2012. Customers include Medibank, KPMG, Medicross, SunDoctors and Primary Dental.
Which St Vincent’s hospitals are already involved?
We’re starting in NSW with initial rollout of this initiative, at St Vincent’s Private Hospital Sydney (Darlinghurst), Mater Hospital (North Sydney) and St Vincent’s Private Community Hospital Griffith.
All active, admitting Specialists at these hospitals are eligible to participate in Phase One.
Where do I get more information or sign up?
You can register your interest today by clicking on the link below. Your local Business Development Manager will then be in touch to arrange a suitable meeting time to discuss this opportunity.
We will also be visiting the theatre tea rooms in the coming weeks where you’ll find your Business Development Manager and MyHealth1st happy to answer your questions one to one about this new initiative.
Register your interest today.
Learn more about the benefits of St Vincent's Priority
St Vincent’s Priority allows patients to search and book an available appointment with the Specialist of choice online.Learn More
GPs will easily be able to find Specialist availability for their patients and book an appointment online, or book directly via their practice management software.Learn More
Making your available appointments visible to GPs and patients means greater opportunity for additional referrals.Learn More
A range of Specialist profiles with available appointments are shown to the patient via a directory. These profiles are selected algorithmically versus in a specific order and are influenced via the patient’s geographical location, their search criteria and the first available appointment times.
Like patients, GPs will be able to search and book an appointment for their patients online.
GPs can also book directly via their practice management software. After generating a referral, as per the normal GP practice, MyHealth1st’s software can look at the referral, scan its contents and send the referral directly to the selected Specialist.
The referral is electronically transferred to the Specialists practice management software to ensure a seamless, pain free booking experience for the patient.
The system will then automatically notify the GP when the appointment has been made.
To make your available appointments visible on the St Vincent's Priority website, MyHealth1st will integrate their online booking platform with your practice management software.
This will enable the MyHealth1st algorithm to display available appointments in real time. This does not require your Practice Manager to set aside appointments specifically for the website, as the algorithm will scan your diary and only match diary availability to the patients search query within the booking engine.
You and your staff have full control over what you allow MyHealth1st's platform to see. The platform can be customised to reflect the length of your appointments, the number and type of appointments, and the information you wish to provide in booking confirmation emails.
What do I need to do to get started?
The process for participation in St Vincent’s Priority involves the following steps below:
- Register your interest
- Make sure you provide details about your practice management software when you register
- Your local Business Development Manager will reach out to you to schedule a meeting time
- At that meeting your Business Development Manager and a representative from MyHealth1st will run through a series of questions to better understand your practice
- MyHealth1st will then follow up to commence your practice set up, including your customisation requirements, collecting information for your profile, and test bookings, before we launch to GPs.
- Please stop by the theatre tea-rooms in the coming weeks where you’ll find your Business Development Manager and MyHealth1st happy to answer any questions about this new initiative to grow your practice.
Frequently asked questions
No. Because MyHealth1st’s technology integrates with your practice management software, it looks at your diary in real time and matches diary availability to the patient’s search query. This means there is no chance of a double-booking in the same appointment slot.
Please stop by the theatre tea-rooms in the coming weeks where you’ll find your Business Development Manager and MyHealth1st happy to answer your questions about this new initiative to grow your practice.
Alternately, click on the Register Now link below and your local Business Development Manager will make contact with you to discuss this initiative further.
- Our early efforts with “MySpecialist” in Melbourne clearly showed that an easy and convenient referral service has the potential to grow demand for your practice
- Patients and GP’s are asking us for more choice around how, where and when they engage with us and we’ll be first to market with a service of this kind
- We are actively ramping up our marketing efforts to generate more demand for your services. A specific marketing investment will be made for this initiative, working to drive awareness through PR, digital media and GP roadshows.
- Online appointment visibility will be compelling for patients who are frustrated with the speed with which they can get to care. Being able to see available appointments will help them feel more empowered and in control of the process
- Less admin burden on staff, releasing more time for face to face patient care
MyHealth1st employs a number of techniques to protect (or mask) your actual capacity. For example, results shown in the first instance don’t show all availability – an appointment from the morning, around midday and late afternoon will be shown if available. Users must manually select ‘show more’ by Specialist to view more availability.
On day one, the service will not cost you anything. SVHA are funding the set-up cost and the first six months of participation on the platform as well as marketing investment to grow demand for the platform. After the initial six months, the ongoing cost is $82.50 per month to receive online bookings, as well as an optional charge of $49.50 per month if you wish to send your patient's a follow up survey to get feedback on their experience.
Exact rollout timing is yet to be defined, but we are aiming for Q2 of FY20.
Registrations of interest to participate in Phase One of St Vincent’s Priority will close at 11.59PM on Sunday 15th September 2019.
MyHealth1st is an Australian owned and operated, ASX listed company (1stGroup), with it’s platforms supporting over 9,000 sites/practices across Australia and New Zealand and taking over 9 million appointments online since the company’s platform was launched in 2012. Customers include Medibank, KPMG, Medicross, SunDoctors, and Primary Dental.
Most of us will use online booking services in our day to day lives without thinking about it, like Expedia to book our latest holiday or Ticketek to book concert or theatre tickets. As such, it’s more the norm now to have online services so that consumers can choose to interact with organisations at a time that suits them. Working with MyHealth1st will enable us to capitalise on natural consumer behaviour and give our patients and GP’s more choice about how they access Specialist care.
Both. The St Vincent's Priority website will have an area for patients to manage their booking and will allow them to change or cancel an appointment with 24 hours notice. This functionality can be disabled for Specialists who would prefer to have patients call to change or cancel their booking.
Specialists and their staff have full control over what they allow MyHealth1st's platform to see. As each Specialist has their own set of discrete needs, the platform can be customised to reflect:
- the length of appointments
- the type of appointments
- the number of appointments
- the information you wish to provide in booking confirmation emails to patients
St Vincent's Priority aims to give your Practice Manager and staff more time to focus on face to face patient service and less on booking administration. When an appointment is made online, the appointment information is automatically transferred to your practice management software appointment book. Furthermore, an email confirmation is sent to your nominated email address.
In Phase One, set-up costs are free and the first six months funded by SVHA to encourage as many Specialists as possible to list on the platform, ensuring it is compelling for both patients and GP’s to use. You can indicate that you would like to stay in touch here so we have your details when we open the next round of recruitment. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee that the set up or monthly fees will be subsidised beyond Phase One in NSW.
Unfortnately not. St Vincent’s Priority is being marketed to patients and GP’s as an online booking service and therefore all specialists listed on the platform need to integrate their practice management software with MyHealth1st’s technology in order to offer online bookings.