St Vincent’s Private Hospital Sydney is committed to caring for our community and supporting our patients through the COVID-19 pandemic. In response we have safeguards and precautions in place in line with advice from the Australian and State Government Department of Health.
We are closely monitoring, and proactively responding to the developments in Australia associated with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), working with both the Australian Government authorities and local public health units.
Please stay informed and get up-to-date advice from credible sources.
Information for visitors
St Vincent’s Private Hospital continues to focus on providing safe and compassionate health care for patients, their families and carers.
The healthcare visitation guidelines were updated by NSW Health on 25 October 2022. Visitors will be permitted, under the new changes, if they:
- Wear a surgical mask at all time while in the facility. Visitors under 12 years of ages are not required to wear a mask.
- Do not have any flu-like symptoms or other acute respiratory infection. Visitors with flu-like symptoms should not visit for at least seven days and have a negative RAT before visiting.
- Are not high risk* contacts of someone who has tested positive to Covid-19 in the previous seven days
Checking into our facility via the QR Code is no longer required.
An exemption to any of the above criteria may be permitted on compassionate grounds and on a case-by-case basis.
If the person you are wishing to visit is currently COVID-19 positive, your request will need to be clinically assessed and some additional precautions may apply.
*A high-risk contact is someone who has spent more than four hours inside a home, accommodation, premises or care facility with someone who has COVID-19.
Information for patients
Before coming to hospital
Please contact your treating specialist via phone or email before coming to hospital if:
- You have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or asked to isolate
- You have returned from overseas in the last 7 days
- You are considered a high risk* contact of someone who has tested positive with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- You have been tested for COVID-19 and are waiting to receive the results
- You have COVID-19 symptoms
Patient Escort Policy
Patient admissions is via the main entrance to the Private Hospital at 406 Victoria Street, Darlinghurst.
- Day only surgery patients are required to have someone collect them after the procedure. The nominated contact person will be notified of the pickup time and exact location on the day.
- All patients that are staying overnight can be collected from the patient's ward or the private hospital main entrance.
Frequently Asked Questions
You will not be able to visit a patient in hospital if:
- You have COVID-19 symptoms
- You have tested positive to COVID-19 within the last 10 days
- You are a household or high-risk* contact with someone who has had COVID-19 in the previous 14 days
- You have returned from overseas in the past 7 days