St Vincent’s Private Hospital Sydney is committed to caring for our community and supporting our patients through the COVID-19 pandemic. In response we have safeguards and precautions in place in line with advice from the Australian and State Government Department of Health.
We are closely monitoring, and proactively responding to the developments in Australia associated with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), working with both the Australian Government authorities and local public health units.
This continues to be a rapidly evolving situation. Please stay informed and get up-to-date advice from credible sources.
Information for patients
Before coming to hospital
Please contact your treating specialist via phone or email before coming to hospital if:
- You have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or asked to isolate
- You have returned from overseas in the last 7 days
- You are considered a high risk* contact of someone who has tested positive with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- You have been tested for COVID-19 and are waiting to receive the results
- You have COVID-19 symptoms
Patient Escort Policy
Patient admissions is via the main entrance to the Private Hospital at 406 Victoria Street, Darlinghurst.
- Day only surgery patients are required to have someone collect them after the procedure. The nominated contact person will be notified of the pickup time and exact location on the day.
- All patients that are staying overnight should be collected from the private hospital main entrance.
Information for visitors
St Vincent’s Private Hospital continues to focus on providing safe and compassionate health care for patients, their families and carers.
Visitors must check-in utilising the QR code at the entrance to our facility, ensuring all sections of the screening questionnaire are completed. You can access the form here.
Visitors will be permitted if they:
- Wear a surgical mask correctly at all times while in the facility
- Have not tested positive to COVID-19 within the last 10 days
- Do not have any flu-like symptoms or other acute respiratory infection
- Are not high risk* contacts of someone who has tested positive to COVID-19 in the previous 14 days
- Have not arrived from overseas in the past 7 days
- Children aged 12 and under are not required to wear masks.
An exemption to any of the above criteria may be permitted on compassionate grounds and on a case-by-case basis.
If the person you are wishing to visit is currently COVID-19 positive, your request will need to be clinically assessed and some additional precautions may apply.
*A high-risk contact is someone who has spent more than four hours inside a home, accommodation, premises or care facility with someone who has COVID-19.
Frequently Asked Questions
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this time.
- You have COVID-19 symptoms
- You have tested positive to COVID-19 within the last 10 days
- You are a household or high-risk* contact with someone who has had COVID-19 in the previous 14 days
- You have returned from overseas in the past 7 days
Prior to entry, please complete the online form, and answer the series of screening questions. If you require assistance or directions, please present to the front desk.
Prior to entry, please complete the online form, and answer the series of screening questions. If you require assistance or directions, please present to the front desk. Please wear a mask for the duration of your visit.
All patients and visitors are strongly encouraged to download and read our information pamphlet on understanding and avoiding the COVID-19 virus.