St Vincent’s Private Hospital Sydney, NSW
Associate Professor Michael Neil is an orthopaedic surgeon specialising in surgery of the adult hip and knee.A/Prof Michael Neil is a senior orthopaedic surgery consultant at St Vincent’s Private Hospital Darlinghurst, and Director of St Vincent’s Bone and Joint. He annually performs the largest number of joint replacements at St Vincent’s Private.
He has served as an international editor to The Journal of Arthroplasty, and has authored numerous articles, as well as several book chapters. He’s co-designed numerous hip and knee implants, and is frequently invited to share his knowledge as an expert speaker at specialist hip and knee replacement meetings.
Michael is Conjoint Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of New South Wales and an Adjunct Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at The University of Notre Dame in Sydney. He runs a very active fellowship program that attracts many overseas applicants, and is actively engaged in teaching and training both undergraduate students and post-graduate orthopaedic fellows.
Affiliations & Memberships
- University of New South Wales (Conjoint Associate Professor)
- University of Notre Dame (Adjunct Associate Professor)
- Australian Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Arthroplasty Society of Australia
- Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association
- Indonesian Orthopaedic Association
- Asia Pacific Arthroplasty Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons