Dr Samer NoamanVisit specialist website
Languages: Arabic, English
Areas of Interest
- - Interventional cardiology
- - Research
- - Coronary and valvular heart interventions
St Vincent’s Private Hospital Fitzroy, VIC
Dr Samer Noaman is an interventional cardiologist and researcher. He performs coronary and valvular heart interventions in addition to general cardiology practice. He speaks fluently in English and Arabic languages.He undertook Physician and Cardiology training at Western and Alfred Health in Victoria. He completed a PhD through the University of Melbourne focusing on improving the outcomes and recovery of patients following heart attacks and investigated the current role of coronary physiology in clinical practice. He has published in several peer-reviewed journals and presented at multiple national and international conferences.
He undertook sub-specialty fellowship training in structural heart disease interventions at the Alfred Hospital and won the prestigious Geoff Mews Memorial Fellows Prize for his work in cardiogenic shock advanced therapies in 2020.
Dr Noaman performs the following procedures
- Coronary angioplasty, stents, intra-coronary imaging including intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) and optical coherence tomography (OCT).
- Coronary functional assessment including microvascular physiology and coronary vasospasm testing.
- Alcohol septal ablation
- Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) and Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO) closure.
- Aortic valve balloon valvuloplasty.
- Trans-catheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI or TAVR).