Mr Michael Hii
FRACS, MBBS, BMedSci, PGDipSurgAnatVisit specialist website
- General Surgery
Areas of Interest
- Oesophageal & stomach cancer Adrenal glands Reflux disease Hiatal hernia Bariatric (weight loss) surgery
St Vincent’s Private Hospital Fitzroy, VIC
Mr Michael Hii is a Melbourne-based oesophago-gastric and weight loss (bariatric) surgeon, who provides professional care for people with abnormal conditions of the oesophagus and stomach.Mr Hii opts for a minimally-invasive approach to oesophago-gastric and weight loss surgery.
Michael completed training in general surgery in Melbourne and then went on to complete an additional three years of specialist training at the Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital, the Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane and St Vincent's Hospital, Melbourne.
He has a strong academic interest and is a senior clinical lecturer with the University of Melbourne, the chair of the St Vincent's Hospital Upper GI/HPB research group and the Director of pre SET surgical training at St Vincent's.
Affiliations & Memberships
- ANZGOSA — Australia and New Zealand Gastro-Oesophageal Surgery Association
- ANZHPBA — Australia and New Zealand Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association
- Australia and New Zealand Metabolic and Obesity Surgery Society
- ACMAV — Australian Chinese Medical Association of Victoria
- AMA — Australian Medical Association
- GSA — General Surgeons Australia