Kew Enrolled Nurse Graduate Program
Enrolled Nurse Graduate Program 2022
Our Program aims to facilitate your transition from student to Enrolled Nurse. We are completely committed to developing your career and ensuring that your graduate year will be an exciting and rewarding experience.
We recognize that as an undergraduate you may have had limited opportunities to explore different clinical areas. Our program is designed to give you these opportunities so that in the future you will have a better understanding of where you would like to focus your nursing career and consolidate your nursing skills.
Our Enrolled Nurse Graduate program has been designed to:
- offer you a wide range of rotation options so that you gain comprehensive clinical experience
- enable you to use your evidence based knowledge to achieve quality patient outcomes
- increase your confidence and strengthen your skills base
- develop your ability to work independently and as a team member
- enhance your decision making and critical thinking skills
- allow you to enjoy your nursing career
Who is eligible?
The 2022 Enrolled Nurse Graduate Program is offered to nursing graduates:
- Who are Registered with APHRA as an Enrolled Nurse (Diploma of Nursing qualification with full IV endorsement) no earlier than February 2022
- Availability to commence the program on Monday, 22nd August 2022.
The program is conducted over four sites (Fitzroy, East Melbourne, Werribee and Kew) and graduates should expect to rotate to different campuses. Graduates have the opportunity to nominate which clinical areas they would like to rotate to and we try very hard to match you with your requests. You do not need to have undergraduate experience in any of the clinical areas
St Vincent’s Private Hospital, East Melbourne is a 12 minute walk from St Vincent’s Private Hospital, Fitzroy through the beautiful Fitzroy gardens and St Vincent’s Private Hospital, Kew is only 5kms away in Kew. Our Werribee site is located in Melbourne’s western suburbs. All campuses are easily accessible via public transport
- 2 x 6 month rotations that will allow you to enhance decision making skills and critical thinking skills across a broad clinical ward base specialty mix
- We offer full time and part time positions (minimum of 8 shifts a fortnight) across a variety of shifts including weekends, night duty and public holidays
General Ward Rotation Options
- Thoracics/Haematology/Renal/Palliative Care
- Acute Neurosciences (85% acute surgical)
- General surgery, Orthopaedics, ENT, Plastics
Specialty Rotation Options
- Cardiac Services
- Day Procedure Unit
- Victorian Plastic Surgery Unit
- Theatre - Scrub Scout
- Theatre PACU
The Education & Development team at St Vincent’s Private Hospital, Melbourne is a recognised industry leader and plays a significant role in the success of the organisation.
We are proud to offer one of the highest graduates to nurse educator ratios in the state, so you can be confident that you will have the support you need to achieve your goals. All of our education team members are hands on and are willing to assist you.
Our graduates receive extensive clinical support on each rotation, in that you will be allocated a preceptor and there is a clinical coach to provide hands on bedside clinical support and education in a friendly and supportive manner with an education consultant that oversees the entire program.
During your program you will receive a graduated workload and supernumery time to assist you in the transition to enrolled nurse.
We offer extensive education programs, including a minimum of 4 paid study days as well as access to ward based education, twilight seminars and short courses.
We welcome applications from all TAFE’s throughout Australia. You don’t have to have completed a clinical placement with us to apply.
Only one application is required to be submitted for the program (We do not require separate applications for each site).
- Applications open: Monday, 12th June 2022
- Applications close: Friday, 1st July 2022
- Interviews commence: Monday, 4th July 2022
All applications will be accepted through our online portal Workday and need to include the following:
- A covering letter
- Succinct Curriculum Vitae, outlining your clinical placements and work experience (no more than three pages), with two professional referees, one of whom must be from an adult acute care placement of two weeks or longer
- A certified copy of academic transcript with legend
- A certified copy of your acute care placement logbook including formative and summative appraisals and competencies
- A passport size photo
Please address your application to:
Enrolled Nurse Graduate Program Coordinator
St Vincent's Private Hospital Melbourne
59 Victoria Parade
Fitzroy VIC 3065
Certification of documents
Documents that have been certified by your TAFE must have the following:
The official TAFE stamp identifying the TAFE, and must be signed by a representative from the clinical school office.
Documents certified outside the TAFE must follow the AHPRA guidelines for document certification which can be found on the AHPRA website.
TAFE’s that have documents that are handwritten must be certified prior to scanning and uploading
We endeavour to respond to your application within in 48hrs of receiving it. All applications will be reviewed by the Enrolled Nurse Program Coordinator.
If you have been selected for an interview you will be contacted via phone. If you have not been selected for an interview you will receive a letter via email.
You will have some choice and flexibility when selecting an interview time, the earlier your application is received the more flexibility you will have in selecting a suitable interview time. Aim to have your application in at least a week prior to the closing date, 12:00 midday on Friday, 1st July 2022.
Frequently asked questions
We will notify you within 48hrs of receiving your application if you have or have not been selected for an interview. We do this so that you have the opportunity to apply to an alternative hospital if your application has been unsuccessful.
Unsuccessful applicants have often sent in incomplete applications, have incorrectly certified documents, have made a number of spelling and grammar errors or have sent in an application intended for another hospital. Unfortunately we will not be able to offer unsuccessful applicants the opportunity to resubmit part or all of their application.
I am happy to answer any questions you have when preparing your application- just call or email me.
For more information
Enrolled Nurse Program Coordinator
St Vincent's Private Hospital Melbourne
59 Victoria Pde
Fitzroy Vic 3065
Phone: (03) 9411 7331