Nurse Graduate Program
Mater Hospital Sydney
2022 February intake for RNs and ENs
Applications: open 23 June 2021 and close 7 July 2021
Interviews: 23 August - 3 September 2021
Notification of outcome: 2 November 2021
At the Mater our patients’ care and recovery is our highest priority.
We work in partnership with our patients and their families to take a compassionate and holistic approach to healthcare. We view nurse graduates as our leaders of the future and that is why we invest in developing you clinically, professionally and personally. Our Program assists in linking theory to practice and challenges you to excel.
To work at the Mater and be part of our Mater nurse graduate program from February 2020, we are looking for remarkable graduate nurses who:
- Are highly motivated to professional development and quality improvement
- Have a strong ability to work closely with interdisciplinary teams and provide exceptional "Person Centred Care"
- Are able to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Are open to respond to a changing work environment
- Are accountable for their own practice
- Have a commitment to uphold the Mission and Values of St Vincent’s Health Australia
Programs Offered at the Mater
General/Acute Care Graduate Nurse Program (RN & EN)
Rotations including the following specialty areas:
- Day Surgery/Day of Surgery Admission Centre
- Joint Replacement/Sports Injury management/Rehabilitation
- Mater Orthopaedic Day Surgery
- Obstetrics (RN only)
- Operating Theatres
Direct Entry Program - Operating Theatres (RN only) - February intake only
The direct entry into Operating Theatre offers a twelve month placement consisting of time in the following departments:
- Circulating/Instrument Nurse
Direct Entry Program - Critical Care (RN only) - February intake only
Two rotations: the first rotation is within the Heart/Lung/Vascular/Neuro department followed by the second rotation within the Intensive Care Unit.
Direct Entry Program - Orthopaedics (RN only) - February intake only
The direct entry into Orthopaedics offers a twelve month placement in the orthopaedic wards.
Support at the Mater
Graduate Nurses are supported through a number of avenues including:
- A dedicated Learning and Development Department
- Clinical Nurse Educators in all departments
- Supernumerary time for each rotation
- Clinical Honours whilst undertaking your Graduate Program aligned with the University of Tasmania
- Protected Teaching Time
- Facilitated debrief sessions
- Study days
- Social nights
- Individualised learning objective plans
Must have AHPRA registration before you can commence the program.
Must have the unlimited right to work in Australia
- Applications will only be accepted online
- For more information on the program contact email@example.com or phone (02) 99007590
For further information about the recruitment process and requirements for our Graduate Nurse program, please download the Nurse Graduate Program Recruitment Outline and Frequently Asked Questions.
The Mater Hospital is conveniently located less than two kilometres from the city and between the restaurants of Crows Nest and the business centre of North Sydney.