Dr Julian Pavey
MBBS BMedSc FRACP
Areas of Interest
- Thyroid, pituitary & adrenal disorders
- Calcium disorders & osteoporosis
- Pre-conception counselling
- Medical disorders in pregnancy
St Vincent’s Private Hospital Toowoomba, QLD
Dr Julian Pavey is an Endocrinologist and Obstetric Physician.Dr Pavey graduated from the University of Queensland in 2014 with Dean’s Commendations for high achievement and academic excellence. His medical roots are in Toowoomba where he finished his medical degree and commenced training as a junior doctor. He completed his training in Endocrinology and Obstetric Medicine at Royal Brisbane & Women’s, Mater, Townsville and Toowoomba Hospitals. He is experienced in managing a wide range of hormone issues as well as medical disorders in pregnancy.
His special interests include:
- Type 1, Type 2 and Gestational diabetes including insulin pump therapy and diabetes technology
- Thyroid, adrenal and pituitary disorders
- Calcium disorders and osteoporosis
- Preconception counselling
- Management of medical disorders in pregnancy.
He holds an academic appointment with the University of Queensland and is actively involved in medical education. He practices evidence-based medicine and stays up to date in the fields of Endocrinology and Obstetric Medicine by participating at national and international conferences.
His warm, compassionate and empathetic demeanour along with his relaxed nature and sense of humour are why his patients and colleagues value his input.
Dr Pavey is excited about returning to Toowoomba and providing quality care to patients in the Darling Downs region.