Dr Amir Kalanie
MB ChB, FRACS(Orth), FAOrthAVisit specialist website
Languages: English, Farsi
Areas of Interest
- Computer & robotic assisted hip/knee replacement
- Arthroscopic hip & knee surgery
- Tendon repairs
- Trochanteric bursitis
St Vincent’s Private Hospital Sydney, NSW
Dr Amir Kalanie is an orthopaedic surgeon with subspecialty training in hip and knee replacement and arthroscopic surgery.
Dr Kalanie completed his medical education at Otago University in New Zealand, and subsequently obtained his fellowship as an orthopaedic surgeon through the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in 2012.
In 2013 he undertook post-fellowship training in computer-assisted hip and knee replacement and complex revision surgery at St Vincent’s Bone and Joint Clinic. Here, Amir was involved in treating hundreds of complex cases referred from around the country.
In 2016 he pursued further post-fellowship training in minimally invasive direct anterior approach hip replacement and hip arthroscopy at Hip Arthroscopy Australia.
Dr Kalanie's particular interest lies in using technology such as computer and robotic assistance to improve the precision and accuracy of arthroplasty surgery to ensure the most optimal outcomes for his patients.
Dr Kalanie offers the following operations and procedures:
- Robotic assisted total and half knee replacement
- Computer assisted direct anterior total hip replacement
- Arthroscopic knee surgery, including ACL reconstruction
- Arthroscopic hip surgery/hip labral repair
- Gluteal/hamstring tendon repairs
- Trochanteric bursitis surgery