Preparing for your stay
Preparing for your maternity stay
After your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email with the details of your hospital stay. If at any time you have concerns or questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Packing your hospital bag- Mum
- All current medications
- Blood group card (if you have one)
- Health insurance details
- Medicare Card
- Breast pads
- Music for Labour
- Mobile phone and charger
- Tens Machine (if you have hired one)
- Snacks (especially important for the support person who often forgets to eat during the labour period)
- Night attire, dressing gown, slippers
- Casual day wear
- Maternity bras/underwear
- Maternity pads (2 packets)
- Hot/cold pack
- Fit ball for labour (we do supply them, but find women prefer to bring their own in)
*We provide formula and feeding equipment, including breast pumps and bottles if required.
Packing your hospital bag- Bub
- 6 Bunny rugs (muslin is ideal)
- 1 Bassinet blanket
- 6 Night gowns or jumpsuits
- 6 Singlets
- Baby bonnet/beanie and booties
- A professionally-fitted Australian Standards approved baby car restraint or seat —essential for a safe journey home.
*We provide disposable nappies and wipes for your baby at all times.
What not to bring
We strongly recommend that you don’t bring valuable items such as jewellery or large amounts of money to the hospital or store them in your room.
You are responsible for your own possessions at all times as the hospital takes every care, but regrettably cannot accept liability for any lost or damaged valuables.
Coming to hospital
When should I come to hospital for the birth of my baby? Who can I call?Read More
Pre-admission midwife appointment
Meet your midwife, discuss your birth plans and our services.Read More